canberrabirds

Yellow-faced Honeyeaters

To: Martin Butterfield <>
Subject: Yellow-faced Honeyeaters
From: Marnix Zwankhuizen <>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 07:55:59 +0000
Small flocks of Yellow-faced Honeyeaters were passing over Mt Franklin today (c. 1640m) from the east. Also, quite a few Flame Robins on the summit with an active pair fighting with their reflections in the side mirrors of several cars parked in the Mt Franklin car park.

Other highlights of a day spent in the ranges were vocal Crescent Honeyeaters and Eastern Spinebills along the Cotter River below Bendora Dam, an Eastern Whipbird heard further downstream, and a single Spotted Quail-thrush crossing the road just past Bulls Head.

Fan-tailed Cuckoos were calling everywhere.

Cheers
Marnix