canberrabirds

2017 field trips

To: canberrabirds chatline <>
Subject: 2017 field trips
From: Sue Lashko <>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 08:42:54 +0000
Dear members

The 2017 field trips' programme is a work in progress and I am hoping to complete it within the next week.  To that end, I am seeking your assistance.  There are a number of members who volunteer year after year to lead one or more walks, and this year we had 3 new leaders - including a 14 year old!!  I am extremely appreciative of the efforts of all this year's leaders and am hoping to attract some new leaders for 2017.  Remember you do not need to be an expert at bird ID; rather I am looking for leaders for some new destinations or for others that may not have been visited for several years.

I keep a spreadsheet of places we have visited since the year 2000 and have come up with a list of places that have not been visited for at least 3 years.  If you would be prepared to lead a trip to one or more of the following destinations, or somewhere else of your choosing, please email me with possible dates:

Gossan Hill Nature Reserve
Mt Rogers in Spence
Oakey Hill & Mt Taylor
Pinnacle NR
Brooks Hill Reserve near Bungendore
Lake Road, Bungendore (particularly good in spring)
Cuumbuen NR on Captain's Flat Rd
Yanununbeyan Nature Reserve on Captain's Flat Rd
Woods Reserve on Corin Dam Rd
Gigerline
Tinderries
Monga National Park
These destinations are within or close to Canberra but if you have ideas for trips further afield, I would also be happy to hear from you.
Looking forward to lots of replies!!!

Sue