canberrabirds

The Plain and Bungendore South

To: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Subject: The Plain and Bungendore South
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 05:26:58 +0000
To support David's view of a 'first' I have just checked the list of observations attached to my CBN article on this species and that shows no instance of the birds being reported from two sites on the same day.

However I do have a memory of Christine D report the birds being disturbed at Bungendore Meadow Dam by cattle dogs working the bovines and flying across to Trucking Yard Lane.  They still weren't in both sites simultaneously.  (That is supported by records in eBird for 16/8/15.)

Similarly the late Kim McKenzie captured an image of a duck flying in to Trucking Yard lane from the South on 1/11/14 ...

​ so that may mean they used 2 dams on the same day .. but probably not at the same time.  Kim didn't usually submit records to COG but did alert locals.

Martin