canberrabirds

WTE tries to lift boy Northern Territory

To: "" <>
Subject: WTE tries to lift boy Northern Territory
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 05:56:22 +0000

Of course we can’t know. There are possibilities: attempted predation which hardly seems likely of a grown child, though I imagine it could and would have happened sometimes with babies; some reaction to the clothes that the child was wearing - the hood could somehow have reminded it of some food item; some aggression towards the child or their clothes, after all there is nothing overly odd about a bird being aggressive to a person; just one of those random responses to the stresses of captivity that captive and performing animals do at times; simply wanting to perch on the head of the child, maybe combined with getting its talons caught in the fabric...... Even with a photo I think it is sad that reporters should go towards the somewhat unlikely but no doubt more exciting suggestion.

Philip