canberrabirds

interesting sightings this morning [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

To: "Perkins, Harvey" <>, "'Jack & Andrea Holland'" <>, 'Cog line' <>
Subject: interesting sightings this morning [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
From: Wayne Gregson <>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 01:17:58 +0000
This interesting.  When we first moved into Duffy in 1973 Crescents were regular visitors.  After a few years they stopped coming and I think I’ve heard them only a couple of times in the last 20 years.  It would be nice to think they could be on the comeback trail around here!

Wayne Gregson

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 10:15 AM

I had my “me too” moment this morning when watching a juvenile/immature Crescent Honeyeater fossicking about various flowering bushes in several adjacent front gardens. I had wondered since Sandra’s and Jack’s emails whether we might get some ‘overflow’ into Gleneagles (Kambah) from the ‘Bidgee corridor.

This is just the second time I’ve recorded the species for my GBS in the nearly 7 years we’ve been at this house. The previous was an adult male on 24 Apr 2010.

Always a nice bird to see. And hear – this one was obviously still learning its own call!

Harvey

m("gmail.com","hdpphd");">

HarPer’s Bizarre – a naturalist’s miscellany at http://hdpphd.blogspot.com.au/

Painted Grasshawk Neurothemis stigmatizans (Iron Range, QLD)