canberrabirds

Big (?) day

To: 'Martin Butterfield' <>, 'COG List' <>
Subject: Big (?) day
From: Mark Clayton <>
Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 06:43:42 +0000

I was down at Kelly’s Swamp this morning (Sunday) doing something for the Woodlands and Wetlands group. One thing Martin  forgot to mention, unless I have missed it somewhere, is that many of the exotic trees on the FSP side of Dairy Road have been cut down and chipped, and much of the understory  and tall grass that was also there, again mostly exotic species, plus the fence, has also disappeared. I have no idea why this has been done but hopefully it will all be replaced with native vegetation. The “hill” on the southern side of the FSP also appears to have been bulldozed – or is that my imagination with the trees and tall grass missing?

Mark