canberrabirds

North Weston Ponds and Fadden Hills Pond

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: North Weston Ponds and Fadden Hills Pond
From: Ryu Callaway <>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2016 00:46:56 +0000
Yesterday afternoon, I went for a quick visit to North Weston Ponds. Highlights were 1 male White-fronted Chat, 39 Pink-eared Duck, 17 Hoary-headed Grebes, some Black-fronted Dotterels, and a whopping 21 Little Pied Cormorant.
This morning at Fadden Hills Pond, I got prolonged views of a Spotless Crake/s, as reported earlier in the week by Sandra H after disappearing for over 2 months. Hopefully it will stay around over Winter like it did last year for the outing in June.
Ryu