canberrabirds

Scarlet Robin and Thompson

To: 'Cog line' <>
Subject: Scarlet Robin and Thompson
From: Jenny Bounds <>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 21:26:26 +0000

Although people do still see quite a few Scarlet Robins around, the COG analysis of its woodland survey data shows that the robin has a significant long-term downward trend.  The COG reports are on the COG website under conservation sub-head; the 10 year analysis report 1998 to 2008 has trend graph and notes on Scarlet Robin (as well as other woodland species).  For some of our woodland species, eg Hooded Robin and Brown Treecreeper which are now scarce in the landscape, the abundance levels are too low for statistical analysis.

COG nominated the Scarlet Robin for listing in the ACT and will be putting in comments on the draft Action Plan.

Cheers

Jenny