canberrabirds

Beach Stone-curlew

To: 'Kevin and Gwenyth Bray' <>, 'Ann Eldridge' <>, 'Canberra Birds' <>
Subject: Beach Stone-curlew
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 05:29:12 +0000

There have been occasional records of the species further south than usual, other that these ones. The original 1970 Slater field guide has it as Esacus magnirostris. The Christidis & Boles list has it as Esacus neglectus (always with a lower case spelling of species name). It is all the same thing but at times people change the names used.

Philip.