canberrabirds

Re: Blue-billed Duck

To: 'shorty' <>, "" <>
Subject: Re: Blue-billed Duck
From: Chris Davey <>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 04:42:09 +0000

This is an interesting sighting. I cannot remember Blue-billed Ducks at the Wetlands before but not surprising as they are recorded on the Sewage Ponds just over the road although not seen in the January 2015 survey. For 2014-15 reporting year there were 42 records, 38 from FSP and 4 from Yerrabi Ponds.

Incidentally I am writing up the 2014-15 ABR and I note a dependent young Blue-billed Duck record entered to the COG database from Yerrabi Ponds on 11 September 2014. Can anyone confirm this sighting as it is most unusual and possibly should be Musk Duck.

Chris