canberrabirds

Cuckoo coincidence

To: Virginia Abernathy <>
Subject: Cuckoo coincidence
From: Stephanie Haygarth <>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 21:18:11 +0000
Yes, you understood correctly, Virginia - it was the juvenile that caught the food, then presented it to the adult. If they're a male and female, I guess that's breeding behaviour and, though my field guide says Horsfield's breed Sept to Jan, there are certainly enough nesting wrens, thornbills and small honeyeaters here to warrant a slightly later attempt.
Steph H