canberrabirds

Superb parrot paradise found

To: 'Geoffrey Dabb' <>, "" <>
Subject: Superb parrot paradise found
From: Suzanne EDGAR <>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 23:07:47 +0000

V nice!

Sz

From: Geoffrey Dabb [
Sent: Thursday, 31 December 2015 6:08 PM
Subject: FW: [canberrabirds] Superb parrot paradise found

Paid a quick visit this morning.  Apart from being the ACT’s dog-walking capital, the periphery of Mount Rogers is well equipped with fruit trees, which at 3 points were getting the attention of the parrots.  As the cherry growers of Young know well, this species likes a bit of fruit, probably a source of moisture in dry weather too.  Like lorikeets, they seem to express the juice between tongue and bill.