canberrabirds

FW: Odd behaviour of chatline emails

To: 'canberra birds' <>
Subject: FW: Odd behaviour of chatline emails
From: Steve Read <>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 06:03:39 +0000

Hi all

I have discovered that not all emails to the Canberrabirds chatline have been making it through successfully to my personal email account. David McDonald, manager of the chatline and currently abroad, has suggested that I ask if anyone else is also experiencing this, so that on his return he can work out where the filtering is occurring – is it something limited to my email address or my ISP, or is it a more general problem?

The way to check is to see if any of the emails archived at

http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/html/canberrabirds/2015-11/index.html (the November 2015 archive)

have failed to come through to your email.

For example, from yesterday’s set of eight emails in this archive, (my subscriber address) did not receive the following:

·  Bush Curlews, Terry Munro, 13:25

and from today’s emails in this archive, I did not receive

·  off topic cane toads, Julienne Kamprad, 10:31

although I received Mark Clayton’s reply soon after.

Can a few others on this chatline please compare the archive against their emails received, and let David know if any of the archived emails are missing from their own email account?

The email exchange below gives a little more detail for those interested.

Regards

Steve