canberrabirds

Species return

To: 'COG Chatline' <>
Subject: Species return
From: Philip Veerman <>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 03:54:46 +0000

I have just hung up clothes on the wash line and whilst doing so heard the familiar chirps of WS flocks and as often with them I could not see them but had read these notices. So I went inside to grab the binoculars. Luckily timing in this case. Just as I got out again, the flock flew over my home wheeling around and not very high (maybe 100 metres). First flock of about 50 birds, the majority (about 30) were Masked Woodswallows, the rest White-browed Woodswallows. They were travelling vaguely SE to NW. About 5 minutes later another flock of about 30 mostly Masked Woodswallows again. Travelling in same direction. Though I don’t really know if it was 2 separate collections or whether they had been flying over for more of the day.

Philip

(in west Kambah)