canberrabirds

Bird banding volunteers wanted for next 2 weeks

To: "" <>
Subject: Bird banding volunteers wanted for next 2 weeks
From: Donna Belder <>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:52:23 +0000
Hi Canberra birders,

I'm a PhD student at the ANU studying bird breeding success in revegetation plantings on farms in the Riverina area of NSW. I am looking for enthusiastic and good-humoured volunteers who would like to get out into the countryside for some bird banding over the next 2 weeks!

My target species for colour-banding are Red-capped Robin, Speckled Warbler, White-browed Babbler, Diamond Firetail, Buff-rumped Thornbill, Yellow-rumped Thornbill, Superb Fairy-wren, Rufous Whistler and Grey Shrike-thrush, but there will be the chance to catch and band many others - Jacky Winter, Brown Treecreeper, White-throated Treecreeper, Scarlet Robin, Golden Whistler to name a few!

I'll provide food, transport from Canberra and pay caravan park fees but you will need your own camping equipment (tent, etc.). You're also welcome to drive your own vehicle if you prefer. No previous banding experience is required.

Please let me know ASAP if you are available to help and/or would like to know more.

Thank you,

Donna Belder