canberrabirds

Any Robin sightings?

To: Julie Clark <>
Subject: Any Robin sightings?
From: "Valentine, Peter" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:16:37 +0000
Hi Julie,
I reported a Rose Robin from Campbell Park to Eremaea (with photo). I have seen it twice since, most recently the day before yesterday. It has been in the same general area each time I looked for it. Twice it was more or less alone (one or two other birds nearby) but once it was with a mixed flock and on that occasion was very active and confiding. On each occasion I have been able to photograph it.

I suggest you look immediately upslope from the main building (the narrow entrance opening is the easiest starting point). Walk upslope until you intersect a trench running across the slope. Justr past that the power line angles across the slope. In the immediate area between the trench and the power line is where I have seen the male Rose Robin. But it does range a bit out from there also. I have not heard it call.

Good luck,

Peter Valentine

0427 634 136

On 05/08/2015, at 4:56 PM, Julie Clark <>