canberrabirds

Fadden Pond Spotless Crake

To: COG Chat <>
Subject: Fadden Pond Spotless Crake
From: John Brown <>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 02:30:28 +0000

I spotted a single spotless crake are the marshy end of the pond at about 11am this morning, amongst  reeds at inflow from castle playground. Good views and moderate photos which I am yet to processes. I forget how small they are!

To conclude my twitching tour of the region this morning I went to Red Hill Restaurant to look for the tufted honeyeater. However it was very windy, very cold, and the only bird I saw was a lone magpie which appeared to be having second thoughts about the wisdom of being there… I'll probably take a second look this weekend now that I finally have a chance this year to do some bird watching around Canberra region.

John