canberrabirds

Wedge-tailed Eagles

To: Geoffrey Dabb <>
Subject: Wedge-tailed Eagles
From: Stephanie Haygarth <>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 05:13:01 +0000
Re WTEs, the attached pic shows a WTE nest right next to the Centennial Trail between North Mulligans and the camping area on the way to One Tree.  The tree is so close it can be touched if you stand on the track.  Given WTE's well known reactions to disturbance during nesting, is anyone in COG aware of any discussion that took place when the track was being planned/built?  Perhaps members know of the nest and can advise whether or not it was already obsolete/abandoned by the time the track was conceived.

Matthew Higgins