canberrabirds

Night creatures 2 - more footage of Yellow bellied Gliders - shot this t

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Night creatures 2 - more footage of Yellow bellied Gliders - shot this time in infra red
From: David Rees <>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:35:53 +0000
Folks

I have been back to a colony of these animals that I know of down the coast.  For those who have had experience of them they are very difficult to spot light as they quickly shun visible light.  So I have tried another method - use of a infra red flash light combined with my video camera which can be made sensitive to its wavelength.  This 'light' used is invisible to both us and the gliders. This film, shot without visible light, shows these animals going about their business in a way it would be very hard to see otherwise.

Enjoy

David