canberrabirds

Fwd: @BirdlifeOz tweeted: #EasternCurlew uplisted to #CriticallyEndanger

To: Dr Mark Carey <>
Subject: Fwd: @BirdlifeOz tweeted: #EasternCurlew uplisted to #CriticallyEndangered by @BirdlifeOz, urgent action must be taken
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 17:28:50 +1000
Call me awkward, but I'd have thought they'd actually include some supporting detail for such an important recommendation not just a single big-ticket number.

I didn't try too hard to find the document you linked but on searching the BLA site for "Curlew" came up with http://birdlife.org.au/bird-profile/eastern-curlew.  That page includes a section on Conservation Status  which when expanded reveals

​It is a rather large jump from from those ratings to critically endangered!  Or is the BLA Profile woefully out of date?