canberrabirds

Fwd: Canberra Times articles on cat containment

To: "'Rosemary Blemings'" <>, "'canberra birds'" <>
Subject: Fwd: Canberra Times articles on cat containment
From: "John Bundock" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 19:31:00 +1100

Poll has closed.

From: Rosemary Blemings [
Sent: Thursday, 2 April 2015 4:53 PM
To: canberra birds

Anyone want to swell the numbers on this voting?

Rosemary

Begin forwarded message:

From: Clare Henderson <>

Date: 1 April 2015 8:25:48 AM AEDT

Subject: Canberra Times articles on cat containment

Dear Biodiversity Working Group

Apologies for any cross-postings. Appreciate if you could circulate this to your networks.

Please find link here to the opinion piece: "Roaming domestic cats should be brought to heel", Jon Stanhope.

News article, Canberra Times page 2, "Stanhope argues for cat containment"

Please note the Canberra Times is running a poll on the issue so please vote as well. At 8.00am 475 people had voted with 60% in favour that domestic cats should be locked up with 40% against.

General information on cat containment is available on our website.

Please contact me if you have any questions or thoughts.

Cheers

Clare

Clare Henderson

Executive Director, Conservation Council ACT Region

14/26 Barry Drive, Canberra ACT 2601 (GPO Box 544 Canberra ACT 2601)

https://www.facebook.com/conservationcouncilacthttps://twitter.com/ConservationACThttp://www.youtube.com/ConservationACThttp://www.linkedin.com/company/conservation-council-act-region

We are a voice for the environment in the ACT region. As a non-profit, non-government organisation we rely on donations to continue our work. Donate here. Thank you!