canberrabirds

Good quality, cheap binoculars

To: Mark Clayton <>
Subject: Good quality, cheap binoculars
From: Ian Hodgson <>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 12:28:49 +1100
I bought a pair of Vanguard Endeavour 8x42, through DWI International. I decided on these from a review published online by birdwatching.com: http://www.birdwatching.com/optics/2011midpricebins/review_vanguard_ed.html.

However, I have just learnt that DWI don’t stock Vanguard bios any more, so that’s not much help, although the review and recommendation are still valid.

I’ve had good service from DWI with camera and lenses, and they just happened to stock Vanguard binos at the time. I’m happy with them, but read the review. The guy used a group of birdo friends to try out a range of bios and Vanguard was their choice in the end.

I bought them in December 2012. They cost me $348 plus freight, total $374. Of course the exchange rate has moved since then, but it wasn’t at its lowest when I got them.

You can also get a tripod adapter for them. I got this direct from CR Kennedy in Melbourne, as the local supplier was out of stock and  wanted it in hurry.

Hope this helps
Maybe you can find another stockist.

Regards
Ian Hodgson