canberrabirds

Juvi Treecreaper ID

To: <>
Subject: Juvi Treecreaper ID
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:52:46 +1100
I also thought habitat was unlikely for Brown Treecreeper (which is hardly common anywhere in our region) but then I have seen them in forest and HANZAB mentions it, though it isn't their preference. The new photo shows the throat as whiter and no real sign of the dark stripe on the face and pale eyebrow that a juv Brown Treecreeper probably should show. I don't know, on balance of probabilities a juvenile Red-browed Treecreeper fits and seems the more likely. Pale throat is probably not white enough or high enough on the head to be a White-throated.......