canberrabirds

Large gathering at Lake George

To: John Harris <>
Subject: Large gathering at Lake George
From: Martin Butterfield <>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 16:58:51 +1100
That number of Australian Ravens would be quite extraordinary, whereas for Little Ravens it would be a big, but not unprecedented, flock.

If the bed of Lake George is anything like our top paddock it would be covered with grasshoppers, which I would presume is the main item on the menu for both species - according to HANZAB at this time of year around 70% of the Raven's diet is invertebrates -  (with a side order of frog for the ibises).

I'd certainly put in a record.

Martin