canberrabirds

Fw: Conservation Council Environmental Exchange, 22 January 2015

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Fw: Conservation Council Environmental Exchange, 22 January 2015
From: <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 22:44:28 +1100
Next week’s forum may interest some COG members.

Bruce.

Welcome to 2015 and our Environment Exchange

Welcome to the New Year! We are back in the office and hitting the ground running this year with our first Environment Exchange forum taking place next week, Thursday 22 January from 12 noon - 2pm on Canberra's Cats - Pets or Pests?

What is an Environment Exchange?

In 2015, lunchtime “Environment Exchanges” will be held on the fourth Thursday of each month (except December) and are a forum for those who are passionate about the environment to share stories, exchange ideas and mingle with like-minded people. Each Environment Exchange will have a theme and one or more speakers sharing their story. A light lunch will be provided.

Environment Exchange: Canberra's Cats - Pets or Pests?You can love you cat and wildlife too

What:  Canberra’s Cats – Pets or Pests?

Find out about the extent and impact of roaming domestic cats in Canberra, current cat management issues and policy responses and why the Conservation Council has a position of Canberra-wide cat containment by 2025. Drinks and light lunch will be provided.

Who: Guest speakers will include Michael Mulvaney and Kathy Eyles, authors of the background paper on cat management in the ACT; Robert Neil, ACT Commissioner for Sustainability and the Environment and Briony Papps from the Conservation Council ACT Region.

When:  Thursday 22 January from 12 noon – 2pm.

Where:  Allan Barton Forum, Level 2, College of Business and Economics (Building 26C), ANU. View map

Register your interest with an email to

Save the date

Please add these dates to your diaries and calendars. We will provide an update on the themes of the upcoming Environment Exchanges as soon as possible.

  • 12 noon – 2pm – Thursday 22 January
  • 12 noon – 2pm – Thursday 26 February
  • 12 noon – 2pm – Thursday 26 March
  • 12 noon – 2pm – Thursday 23 April

We look forward to seeing you next week. Please contact Briony on 02 6229 3208 or email m("conservationcouncil.org.au","info");"> with any questions.

Conservation Council ACT Region
GPO Box 544 CANBERRA ACT 2601 | 14/26 Barry Drive CANBERRA ACT | T: 02 6229 3200
=Hello www.conservationcouncil.org.au