canberrabirds

A pair of interesting birds; loud at least!

To: "'Harold Schranz'" <>
Subject: A pair of interesting birds; loud at least!
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 17:06:56 +1100
Certainly Koels. I think two juveniles together would be a bit odd (any comment from others?). Your photos don't show an adult male, though there is probably one nearby. At this stage juveniles should be smaller than an adult female. But that may not be a help to you. That they have a black (rather than brown) cap and chin mark or so it seems to me, and the noise you describe suggests to me they are adult females, rather than juveniles. I had a juvenile at my place 2 years ago and whilst its sound was odd, it was not as loud as the adult females.