canberrabirds

Gang-gang surprise visit

To: "Canberra Birds " <>
Subject: Gang-gang surprise visit
From: Robin Hide <>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:12:12 +0000

I was working in the garden (Ainslie, nr Corroboree Park) this afternoon, when a Gang-gang pair flew in to perch on a dead cherry tree. Unlike the pair that regularly  visit and call vigorously the moment they arrive, this pair remained silent.  After a few minutes, they were joined by a second pair attended by a couple of immatures (males?). The first pair then flew off, while the family of four remained and the adult pair ate a little- all four then headed off together. The most we’ve seen together in the last few months is three birds.

Robin Hide.