canberrabirds

collared sparrowhawk at Yarralumla

To: "'COG Chatline'" <>
Subject: collared sparrowhawk at Yarralumla
From: "Leo Berzins" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:48:52 +1100
I was there around 7am and saw both Sparrowhawks (female frequently, male only briefly). The main interactions were with Pied Currawongs and the female called loudly every time as she came in to perch after seeing off a currawong.

Several Satin Bowerbirds were also present in the vicinity, including two black males.

Many thanks to Alison for reporting this and giving such a clear description of the location.