canberrabirds

Mystery of the Powerful Owl tail feathers

To: Scrubwren <>
Subject: Mystery of the Powerful Owl tail feathers
From: shorty <>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:04:15 +1100

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Scrubwren <m("yahoo.com.au","scrubwren17");" target="_blank">> wrote:
We made another visit to the owl yesterday evening, arriving at around 8pm.  About 8.15pm the owl began to stretch and preen.  We had excellent (although dark) views of the tail and wings as they were spread out while stretching.  At 8.34pm it flew to a nearby pine tree, quite low down.  Again there was stretching and preening and calling which I recorded on the iPhone.  It flew off at mid-tree height in the direction of Black Mountain at 8.52pm.  Such a magnificent sight when it is flying.  I tried to attach the recording but I’m not tech savvy enough to reduce the file size.

Gail