canberrabirds

Powerful owl update

To: chatline canberrabirds <>
Subject: Powerful owl update
From: Maurits Zwankhuizen <>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 13:14:27 +1100
I was there from around 11:00-11:30 this morning with a steady flow of others, including a lady from New Zealand.  Great views and I was also fortunate enough to find one of its feathers on the ground (image attached).

Regards,
Maurits Zwankhuizen

> Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 09:53:29 +1100
> Subject: [canberrabirds] Powerful owl update
>
> As at 0900 this morning this featured bird was observed stretching both wings and tailfeathers in it's most favoured position. From the designated car parking area in front of the green keepers she'd look directly over the roof corner and there it is perched on a horizontal branch within a small clearing. Amongst the many visitors a group of birdwatchers from Maine, USA and a professional guide from Katherine, Mick Jerram ( lifer ) who accessed COG and Eremea websites
>
> Sent from my iPad
Maurits has a file to share with you on OneDrive. To view it, click the link below.