canberrabirds

Grey currawong, Callum Brae

To: "Margaret Leggoe" <>, <>
Subject: Grey currawong, Callum Brae
From: "Phil Malin" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:48:40 +1100
Howdy

The Grey Currawong has been in the Callum Brae area for a while now. I thought I saw one in the last week of September from my office window, but wasn’t 100% sure due to how quickly it zipped through. However, I saw it on consecutive days 7th->9th October sitting 10 metres away on the wire fence outside my office window. It spent a couple of hours each day hunting amongst the tall grass in the adjacent field.

Interestingly there was full scale war between the Little Ravens and Pied Currawongs at the time, yet the Grey Currawong was not harassed at all. It was even sitting next to a Little Raven on the fence for about 2 minutes at one point.

Cheers
Phil