canberrabirds

Rose Robin on Blundells Creek Road

To: Canberra Birds <>
Subject: Rose Robin on Blundells Creek Road
From: "calyptorhynchus ." <>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 18:06:18 +1100
I walked and cycled Blundells and Wark's Road today (walked the interesting bits wheeling my bike, cycled the boring bits).

Most of the usual suspects were about, though I didn't see a Red-browned Treereeper and (of course) only heard rather than saw Cicadabird.

Highlights were:
--a gathering of Pilotbirds on New Chums Road discussing something very intensely, but although they were within six feet of the path I couldn't see them.
--A Rose Robin on Blundells, I see these quite often in winter in the ANBG and had completely forgotten that they breed in the Bindabellas in low numbers. Another bird to add to my ACT summer migrant list.

--
John Leonard