canberrabirds

Mt Rogers Superbs and Tawny F

To: "'Megan Mears'" <>
Subject: Mt Rogers Superbs and Tawny F
From: "Kevin Dawes" <>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 20:27:49 +1100

Hi Megan

A few months ago we had Rainbow Lorikeets fighting with Crimson Rosellas and checking out tree hollows. We thought they would move into Mt Rogers this year as a result. I’m not sure if their invasion attempts were frustrated or they decided they didn’t like us but I don’t think any stayed around and nested. One house bordering Mt Rogers has a pet (caged) lorikeet and there is a substantial aviary at another house of the edge of the reserve and I wonder how much influence these have on birds checking out the area.

Cheers

Kevin