canberrabirds

Thrushes (with speckles!)

To: "<>" <>
Subject: Thrushes (with speckles!)
From: David Rees <>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 08:59:51 +1000
I just loaded some nice footage of the Bassian thrush - taken at the Jervis Bay Botanic Garden of a bird that did not mind being in the open!  https://vimeo.com/72170314.

Compare this with this bird - what I think is a Russet tailed Thrush - taken in Paluma, North Queensland - compared with the above has a shorter tail, much more copper coloured rump, less scalloping on rump, see-  https://vimeo.com/107530134.

I have footage of another bird from Paluma that seems to me to be a Bassian Thrush, when compared with the one from Jervis Bay!

For the complete picture (Blackbird excepted, but you'll know them!)  I've included the introduced Song thrush, which can still be found in Melbourne, Birds filmed are NZ ones, where it is a common garden bird see:- https://vimeo.com/107462011

David