canberrabirds

A Visit to Victoria (4)

To: "'Geoffrey Dabb'" <>
Subject: A Visit to Victoria (4)
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:56:53 +1000
Geoffrey,

The group monitoring them sends out a regular newsletter about the surveys and has done so for some years. As it happens the latest one arrived this morning. By my reading this, it seems you were not aware of this source of information. I maintain some sort of obscure connection with the bird "graptogyne = painted lady" by virtue of having had a small part in the official naming of the subspecies in CBN in 1988.

Philip

Dear Red-tail Subscribers,

The latest edition (Edition 39) of ‘RED-TAIL NEWS’ is now available. Please click here to view.

Features in this edition include:

1.    Call for sightings

2.    Annual Cocky Count Results

3.    Counting flocks

4.    Website Facelift

5.    Kids helping Cockies Update

6.    Support for Red-tail Research

7.    Cockies helping Cockies Update

8.    Restoring habitat for Red-tails

9.    Burning of Red-tail Habitat

10.  Incentives continue for the discovery of new nests

11.  Cockies captivate students

12.  Lucindale Field Days

We hope you enjoy reading all the latest news about our wonderful cocky.

If you have any comments/questions please feel free to contact me at any stage.

Kind regards,

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Perryman | Project Coordinator for the
South-eastern Red-tailed Black-Cockatoo Recovery Project

(Part Time – 2.5 days per week)

BirdLife Australia
PO Box 392, Port MacDonnell SA 5291
1800 262 062 | M 0438 317 024
m("birdlife.org.au","bronwyn.perryman");"> | m("birdlife.org.au","redtail");">
redtail.com.au | birdlife.org.au

ABN 75 149 124 774