canberrabirds

Off topic - dead Brown-striped frog in pond

To: "CanberraBirds" <>
Subject: Off topic - dead Brown-striped frog in pond
From: "Barbara Preston" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:18:04 +1000
Yesterday I found a large (70mm) dead Brown-striped Frog floating in our garden pond (it’s now in a jar in metho). Our fish all appear fine – including tiny young offspring less than a year old, and no spraying happens near the pond.
We have been hearing the frog/s on and off for some years, but not seen it/them before, or had any egg mass.
Any thoughts?   (I suppose frogs have to die sometime ... it might just have been a lonely old male, living out his final years in our garden ...)
thanks
Barbara

Barbara Preston

Barbara Preston Research | ABN 18 142 854 599

21 Boobialla Street | O Connor ACT 2602 | Australia

T: 02 6247 8919 | M: 0439 47 8919

www.barbaraprestonresearch.com.au