canberrabirds

Fwd: [Birding-Aus] Seabird deaths from helium balloons

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Fwd: [Birding-Aus] Seabird deaths from helium balloons
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 13:15:26 +1000

Hoping some of you will support this. When Ian Hutton talked to COG about mutton bird chick deaths, the plastic seals from helium balloons were included in the plastic rubbish taken from the stomachs of dead chicks, and I picked up several seals and ribbons on LHI beaches earlier this year.  I know some of the balloons themselves are biodegradable, but the rest isn't !
Sandra h