canberrabirds

Eastern Rosellas in Holt

To: "Canberra Birds" <>
Subject: Eastern Rosellas in Holt
From: "John Layton" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:16:41 +1000

Sara Henderson wrote:

quite large numbers of Eastern rosellas in some of the groups I'm seeing lately. This morning, as I was out in the front yard for a couple of minutes chatting to person replacing my severely injured rubbish bin, a flock of 24 flew into the deciduous trees either side of me. I've not noticed them hanging around in such big groups before...    managed to get one very poor photo of a tree with 13 of the birds in it after a quick dash inside for the camera

sandra h

During the past two weeks hardly a day goes by when we don’t see Eastern Rosellas in or from our yard. Usually numbers range from three or four to 10 or more. Often they will bejewel the Hills hoist for several minutes (probably checking for Pussums F. Katz) before descending to feed.

John K. Layton

Holt.