canberrabirds

Wednesday walk report Farrer Ridge 16 Jul

To: Cog line <>, "" <>
Subject: Wednesday walk report Farrer Ridge 16 Jul
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:08:33 +1000
Nine hardy souls joined me for a wander on Farrer Ridge on a day where the forecast was dismal. The drizzle stopped as we entered the reserve, and by the end of the walk the weather was almost pleasant. We recorded 28 species for the morning, which under the conditions was surprisingly good. Although the promised view of the mountains was hidden in the fog, there were good numbers of birds in a mixed flock of thornbills, Weebills and Superb Fairy-Wrens at the top of the ridge. The highlight came at the end, when we found two Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos chewing on damaged sections of the branches of two small eucalypts.
Sandra Henderson