canberrabirds

50th anniversary events coming up

To: Cog line <>
Subject: 50th anniversary events coming up
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 04:45:38 +1000
See the COG website and Gang-gang newsletter for more information on these public events in early July.

A photographic exhibition and competition featuring some of the best photos by COG members is being held in the Legislative Assembly Building 30 June to 5 July. The exhibition will be to celebrate and promote our birds to the public. It will aim to not only raise awareness about the wonderful birds found in this region but promote COG as the organisation that works on behalf of conserving our birds and their habitat.  You all know we have some fantastic photographers in COG - this is a chance to see some of their work and vote for your favourites.

On the final day of the exhibition a free public forum 'Landscapes for Birds - conserving and enhancing their habitats' is being held in the Reception Room of the Legislative Assembly in Civic. You can register for the Forum on the COG website - see the Latest News section on the home page. Only 100 places are available, and speakers at the Forum include Veronica Doerr from the CSIRO, and Adrian Manning from the Fenner School.