canberrabirds

Eden Pelagics - September - bookings by end of JUNE

To: Cog line <>
Subject: Eden Pelagics - September - bookings by end of JUNE
From: sandra henderson <>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:20:12 +1000
the 2014 COG pelagic trips are booked with Freedom Charters for 6 and 7 September. There are still vacancies on both days. Since there is a significant financial outlay for COG, bookings AND payments need to be in by end of JUNE. If we don't fill both days one will be cancelled. If the trips fill up I'll establish a waiting list, but as usual, if you pay then pull out, money is only refunded if someone is found to replace you.

If you've never seen an albatross up close, this is your chance, and at that time of year it's not unusual to spot a few whales on their migration, as well as seals and dolphins.  In the past COG pelagic trips have encountered some uncommon seabirds and a variety of albatrosses, petrels and shearwaters. There is always at least one expert on board to help identify what we're seeing!
Each trip costs $100 per person per day, and you can opt to come on one or both days. You will need to be in Eden to get on the boat early (often around 6.30-ish, but time will be confirmed closer to the date).

Please let me know if you are interested, but remember your place is not confirmed until COG receives your payment. Payments need to be to the usual COG account (BSB 112908, Account 050111462, with email to me and ID on the payment), or by cheque to COG, PO Box 301, Civic Square ACT 2608.

Sandra Henderson