canberrabirds

Golden Whistler without tail in care

To: Philip Veerman <>
Subject: Golden Whistler without tail in care
From: Denise Kay <>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 12:57:27 +1100
Yes the tail feathers should grow back with in 4-6 weeks, Philip .

I am popping into BG this afternoon to release the little critter.

You are right carers can have the tendency to interfere and complicate what is probably a common event in the lot of birds , although with no malicious intent…….

I have appreciated everyone’s input and I have re-evaluated my rescue and release theories regarding lost tail feathers …

thanks

denise