canberrabirds

COG outing to Narrabundah Hill Duffy Sunday 23 March – change of meeting

To: <>
Subject: COG outing to Narrabundah Hill Duffy Sunday 23 March – change of meeting place
From: "Jack & Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:10:22 +1100

Hello subscribers, some information for you if you are intending to participate in the above outing.

Jean and I look forward to seeing you.

Jack Holland (6288 7840)

Narrabundah Hill Duffy Sunday 23 March Change of meeting place

Jean Casburn and I have been doing some checking of the best place in this reserve to go to for this proposed COG outing, and have agreed that the northern fence line offers the best opportunity to view a range of species, including the possibility of some interesting ones.

However, this will involve a change in the meeting place advertised in Gang-gang.  We will now meet at the parking area and stile at the NE end of the reserve, at the corner of Warragamba Avenue and Eucumbene Drive at 8 amPlease note that the entry to this parking area is a little tricky, and is in fact about 25 metres past (on the Mount Stromlo side) the T-junction with Warragamba Drive, and for those driving along Eucumbene Drive from Duffy involves a quite tricky 180 degrees turn, so please take care.

Please meet Jean there, I will be at the advertised meeting place in Gang-gang at the other end of Eucumbene Drive to redirect participants who are not on the chat line and/or have not read this notice.  Could intending participants please make others aware if they are likely to be in this situation.

We expect to be walking around 3 km of relatively flat terrain and it will take 2-3 hours, both depending on the route we take to get back to the cars.  While the forecast is now for not such a hot day, we suggest that you should bring water/drinks and a snack.