canberrabirds

Re: Gang-gang and Superb Parrot whereabouts?

To: "Horst & Kay Hahne" <>
Subject: Re: Gang-gang and Superb Parrot whereabouts?
From: "Jack & Andrea Holland" <>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 21:54:49 +1100
Thanks Kay, glad it all worked out well, there’s always plenty of help available!  You will note I’ve also posted your thanks on the COG chat line.

Jack Holland

Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:51 AM

Thanks Jack – the birds were behaving beautifully and so was the weather and lighting.  We were all happy.  It is very satisfying to show someone a new bird for their life list, and such a beautiful one as the Superbs, many males and females.

I got lots of responses to my queries, thanks to everyone.  We had great success at the AIS parking lot between 7:30 and 9 am on Tuesday morning.  Then we went to Wybalena Grove, Cook and more great photos obtained of a pair of Gang-gangs feeding and in the eucalypts nearby.  So we were all very happy and Martin gives thanks to all who contributed their comments.  Superbs were lifers for him, so another one for his list, and Horst and I had never seen so many at once either!

Martin Willis is a professional photographer.  Check out his website and have a look at some of his beautiful photos of birds, animals and landscapes.  We met him on a tour of South Africa a couple years ago.  He said he would soon have some of his Canberra photos on his website.

www.martinwillisphotographs.com.au

PO Box 614, Malanda, Q. 4885

Kay Hahne