canberrabirds

Powerful Owl at Wanna Wanna Rd

To: CanberraBirds <>
Subject: Powerful Owl at Wanna Wanna Rd
From: "David McDonald (personal)" <>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 07:39:20 +1100
We had a record at the weekend of a suspected Powerful Owl here at Wamboin (Poppet Road).

A resident found a large glider tail in her carport. No other parts of the glider to be seen. No blood and guts, just the tail.

Might that be a sign of a Powerful Owl? In late 2012 one was reported from close to there - seen and heard.

David