canberrabirds

Eremaea eBird

To: Canberrabirds <>
Subject: Eremaea eBird
From: eBird ACT <>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 19:58:32 +1100
The email from John Harris about the complexities of the COG online system has encouraged me to write about the benefits of Eremaea eBird. From the outset I must state that this is not about discouraging people from using the COG system but simply to offer a user-friendly alternative. It is important to note that all the sightings entered into Eremaea eBird from the COG area of interest, are collected by Birdlife Australia and passed to COG, so your records still end up in the same place!

Eremaea eBird is a site that allows you to:

1. keep all your records from the ACT, interstate and overseas in one location
2. review all your records and those of thousand of other birders
3. review sites (or hotspots) to see what has been seen recently or historically
4. review the eBird atlas to see where various species have been recorded
5. interface with the Birdlog app (for android and iPhone) to upload your records from your smart phone the field
6. receive alerts about rare and unusual sightings of birds or birds you have not yet seen and recorded
7. maintain a tally of species sighted in a calendar year or on your life list

This is just a small sample of what is available. Find out for yourself whether Eremaea ebird meets your needs by creating an account and trialling the system. If you would like further information then please get in touch. We would be happy to help out.

If you are currently using Eremaea eBird and would like to be part of the online discussion forum [eremaea-act [please email me.

Regards
Frank Antram and Alastair Smith
ACT reviewers for Eremaea eBird