canberrabirds

Superb Owl

To: canberra birds <>
Subject: Superb Owl
From: Duncan McCaskill <>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 18:00:21 +1100
In case anyone missed it, today's Superb Owl isn't an owl at all but an Osprey - more specifically a Seattle Seahawk, which doesn't actually look much like any real Osprey. At least this year's Superb Owl is a bird, not a horse.

If you don't understand what I am on about, I am referring to today's big sporting event. If you still can't work it out, google: Superb Owl.

I think it is a pity that in a land with Superb Fairy-wrens, Superb Lyrebirds, Superb Parrots and Superb Fruit-Doves we don't have a bird named Superb Owl. I think we should rename one of our owls Superb Owl, just to annoy Americans. Perhaps the beautiful, but diminutively named Lesser Sooty Owl, or maybe the impressive Powerful Owl.