canberrabirds

Two koels upper Wanniassa

To: "'Canberra Birds'" <>
Subject: Two koels upper Wanniassa
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 21:50:06 +1100
-----Original Message-----From: Philip Veerman [ Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 1:24 PM
To: 'Hastir, Chris'      Subject: RE: [canberrabirds] Two koels upper Wanniassa

Hi Chris,

With regard to with an attendant wattle bird (is this strange?). I would say no. It seems to happen all the time that wattlebirds will chase or just perch nearby to koels. A chase usually happens only when the koels fly. The wattlebirds appear to know that they are in some way bad news but are not big enough to attack them.

Philip

-----Original Message-----From: Hastir, Chris [ Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 9:37 AM
To:       Subject: [canberrabirds] Two koels upper Wanniassa

Hi All

Not another Koel story!  L ... sorry, Happy New Year to all!

A male and female, with an attendant wattle bird (is this strange?) in eucs in my backyard Longmore Cr  in Wanniassa all day yesterday. Mentioning it because it is the first time in 15 years!

Chris Hastir