canberrabirds

budgie

To: "'Birds Canberra'" <>
Subject: budgie
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:24:04 +1100
I recall two events of having a Rose-ringed Parrot in my garden in the 28
years I have been here. Plus a pair at the top, of Castley Circ that Lia
found and alerted me to, in I think May this year. On one of these earlier
events the bird flew in from somewhere, basically crashed into the foliage
of my big Euc tree, grabbed the bunch of leaves and hung upside down for at
least 5 minutes, before managing to flutter upright onto a proper perch on
the tree. So they can appear pretty clumsy.