canberrabirds

Boobook owls

To: "'Rob Geraghty'" <>, "'Canberrabirds'" <>
Subject: Boobook owls
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 23:10:45 +1100
Rob,

I believe the general answers to these questions is yes as a feature of most (all?) of the Ninox genus for a pair to call together like that. I don't know if that is the only context of that calling pattern. For example I don't know (others like Jerry Olsen might know) if an established pair calling together or opposite sex members of 2 rival pairs at a territory border would sound any different to us.

Philip.